Driving healthier decisions by building social and emotional skills.
Rather than simply educating participants on the dangers of drug and alcohol use, Botvin LifeSkills Training (LST) program targets social and emotional factors that can initiate risky behaviors.
Developed by Dr. Gilbert J. Botvin, this evidence-based program:
- Teaches the necessary skills to resist peer pressures to smoke, drink, and use drugs
- Helps to develop a healthy self-concept and confidence
- Teaches the skills needed to effectively cope with anxiety
- Increases knowledge of the immediate consequences of substance use
LST has been proven to reduce:
- Drug use by up to 75%
- Alcohol use by up to 60%
- Violence (verbal/physical aggression, fighting) and delinquency by up to 50%
For more information about the program
call 860.496.2100 to learn more.