Supporting families with children ages 0-17.
Reinforced by more than 30 years of ongoing research, as well as access to two evidence-based models – Triple P and Circle of Security Parenting – McCall’s Parenting Support Services is one of the most effective parenting programs in the world.
What it does
Our free in-home, evidence-based program is designed to help parents and caregivers:
- Identify their parenting strengths and challenges
- Build their independence, resourcefulness, and problem-solving skills
- Create positive and safe home environments
- Support their child’s emotional, behavioral, and cognitive strengths
How it works
Parents and caregivers participate in weekly two-hour home visits for sixteen weeks with a trained and accredited Parent Educator. Beginning with a thorough assessment, the curriculum may be used to target a broad range of behaviors, and the parents and caregivers may choose the target behavior(s) to be addressed.
Referrals to Parenting Support Services can be made through:
- Connecticut Department of Children and Families
- Other community providers
- Families themselves