Serving residents of Torrington.
For over five years, city leaders have been meeting and working diligently on youth substance use prevention and education in the Torrington community– and the impact is undeniable. In fact, teen lifetime alcohol use has reduced by 26% in Torrington due to the strategies implemented by the Torrington Awareness & Prevention Program (TAPP), such as increased law enforcement patrol of community events, DUI stops, parent and youth education, and more.
Below is just a sampling of the programs that the TAPP leads, participates in and sponsors:
- Trauma Informed Communities
- Underage Drinking Task Force
- TAPP Youth Council
- Local Prevention Council
- Torrington Prescription Drug Take Back Day
- School and community prevention education programs, trainings such as Question, Persuade, Refer (QPR) Suicide Prevention Training and Narcan, and others
- Suicide postvention
- Many other community-based initiatives
Interested in becoming an active participant or attending a meeting?
TAPP welcomes volunteers from different sectors of the area – from residents and churches to organizations and local government officials. To learn more, visit TorringtonAPP.org or find them on Facebook at @TorringtonAPP.